Sunday, May 1, 2011

Updates&Things

These last few weeks of school have been incredible. It's crazy how much things change in a month, don't you think? My weeks have been filled with so many end-of-the-year shenanigans, and I know that these memories I've made will last forever. Easter break was probably the most amazing weekend of my college career. It began sort of on the sad side, with the inability to be home for Easter and such. As the week progressed, I was able to spend time with some ladies whom I have been friends with all year, but somehow got much closer to over the weekend. I am definitely blessed with awesome friends, and Easter weekend made that obvious!

Easter day was definitely like no other this year. A roadtrip to a lake with friends and tunes definitely is something new for Easter Sunday.. a good new though. The drive was awesome, the sun brighter than ever and the wind obnoxiously throwing around my curly hair (which were mostly just tangles by the end of the day). When we arrived, we had almost the entire beach to ourselves. The four of us set out our towels and just enjoyed the sun and the sounds of nature (until we got some more tunes going eventually). The water was freezing, but something about it was so crisp and refreshing that it didn't even matter. Things always seem warmer and more enjoyable with good friends. Question: Why are sandwiches some how the most delicious food on earth when at a beach-like environment? I don't think I'll ever know the answer to this, but that's fine with me. Sometimes the most simple mysteries create comforts in the most random situations. Anyway, in general the time was awesome and we achieved some pretty great tans. Yes, tans are an achievement.
In addition to that, I saw Easter in a completely new light this year. My perspective on Easter will probably never be the same, and I know I needed to be away from family, good food, and my home church in order to find that out. Within the comforts of home and my church, the incredible meaning of the cross and it's power seem to become fuzzy. I wrote a blog about what I learned this Easter a few days ago, so please see.. whatever day it is I wrote that.

This past week consisted of classes, speeches, and the usual randomness of college life. Tuesday night began the our hall's challenge of "no junk food for a week," which has been way more difficult than I expected. I accomplished the no junk food on Wednesday and Thursday, but Friday and Saturday failed. Today I've done well with it, but we'll see how tomorrow and Tuesday go. Why is junk food so difficult to give up? On top of that, what is even considered junk food? I feel like most of what American's eat is junk anyway, so what are we to do? Stop eating in general? I'm thinking a change in diet is in order pretty soon. We'll see what happens. Last Wednesday night's Campus Church involved over 50 baptisms (proclaimed professions of Christ) which is always awesome to witness and brings on tons of celebration here at my school. I've been going the gym a lot this week. I went Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, and it was fabulous. Painful, but fabulous. I really hope I keep fit this summer the month I'm home. I know that I'll be constantly active at camp, but if I don't keep it up the month I'm home, I'm going to be a panting, out-of-shape mess as I attempt to keep up with insane 12 year olds at camp.
I feel like I write anymore I may burn out you guys eyes.. so I will stop now.
So, those are the happenings.

2 comments:

  1. We spent Easter Sunday at the beach too (in Clearwater, FL)...it was awesome! I don't think it's just sandwiches; everything tastes better at the beach. I brought little bags of Teddy Grahams and for some reason, they were delicious!

    I just got caught up on your blog. It is so encouraging to see how your faith has grown through this first year at college. It sounds like this has been a great experience for you, but we look forward to having you back here for a little while, too. See you soon!

    <3 Manda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw some of your pictures! Looks like it was an awesome time!

    Yeah, it'll be sad to be away for the summer, but sooo nice to be home and see everyone! See you in a few days :]. <3

    ReplyDelete