Sunday, May 22, 2011

Oh Check It Out! It's May 22nd!

Well, since everyone is losing their mind over this May 21st Judgment Day shenanigan, I couldn't help myself but to give my two cents.

First off, I think it's quite embarrassing how ignorant this Camping man makes Christian's look. Sorry buddy, but real Christians know their Bible a little better than that.
Mark 13: 32-37 
32
But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33 Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is. 34 It is like a man going to a far country, who left his house and gave authority to his servants, and to each his work, and commanded the doorkeeper to watch. 35 Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming—in the evening, at midnight, at the crowing of the rooster, or in the morning— 36 lest, coming suddenly, he find you sleeping. 37 And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!
Wait? What's that the Bible says? We won't know the day nor the time? Hmm.. Mr. Camping, looks like you forgot to read that section of the Bible when you took the Bible out of context and assumed the rest through speculation and vivid imagination.

One thing that really struck me as I was contemplating this whole "Judgement Day" trash being falsely prophesied by this random man was the uproar it has caused in society. People hear "judgement" and "apocalypse" and suddenly go ballistic. Why is it that when people have a certain date they are given they believe it, freak out, and are willing to give up everything for it, but when they are told that Christ is coming back sometime that we don't know when, they give a deaf ear and continue with their lives? Yesterday I got my hair cut and when the woman cutting my hair heard that I was a Christian, she asked me what I thought about the whole "Judgement Day" scares. I told her exactly what I just wrote: it's bogus. She told me that she had been reading information on it online and it was "sort of freaking her out." Even this random woman had been obviously contemplating the thought of Christ coming back, and the thought of Him coming tomorrow scared her. We are suddenly stirred when we think its tomorrow, but what we don't remember is that it could be tomorrow. I do not by any means believe that this man's ridiculous false prophecy will come true tomorrow, but rather am stating that Christ could return any day. Today, as I was thinking of all these current issues, I realized that most of the time I am not living my life like it's my last time. How much time do I spend worrying about the future instead of focusing on living for God right now? How motivated am I to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ and share the truth with those who don't know it? Am I living my life like today could be my last? Am I living my life to the fullest, keeping in mind that Christ could come back any day?
Don't get me wrong- this does not mean to live in fear, constantly speculating when Christ may be coming back. On the contrary, this should simply motivate us to fully live our lives to their God-given potentials. I know that time is often something I take for granted. I assume that I will always have tomorrow or that I can tell this person about Christ when "they ask." What if they never ask and we never tell them?

And to those who have not accepted Christ:
How quick are you to jump on the "judgement day" band wagon, but at the same time are completely unwilling to accept that Jesus Christ is Lord? Do not be deceived by these people who claim they can tell when Christ is coming back, because that's the thing- we don't know and won't know until He actually comes. Thankfully, we do not need to live in this helpless fear, dreading the day when Jesus Christ comes back to this earth. He has given us a hope from our sinful state and has opened a door for our lost souls. Jesus Christ has made a way to live a life of peace and assurance through His sacrifice on the cross and resurrection from the dead.
Acts 16:30-31
30 And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” 32 Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. 33 And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their stripes. And immediately he and all his family were baptized. 34 Now when he had brought them into his house, he set food before them; and he rejoiced, having believed in God with all his household.
That's sort of a brief little summary of the truth, but if any of you reading this would like to discuss this more or have any questions, you can comment this blog up ;].

Those are just a few thoughts I had today regarding this "end of the world" business.
God Bless!

P.S. This was written on May 20th, 2011, but I'm posting it on May 22nd, 2011.. teehee.

No comments:

Post a Comment