Friday, May 6, 2011

Two Finals Away

Where did this year even go? Freshman year of college.. finished?

It seems like yesterday I was a freshman in high school, yet now I'm two finals away from being a sophomore in college. It's a crazy feeling, hovering between excitement and sadness. Moving on in life, growing up, getting older. It's all so bittersweet.

In terms of the present, summer is fun and exciting, and no school work is fabulous, but spending three months away from these people whom I have become best friends with and have grown so much with this year is incredibly hard and slightly depressing. I'm glad to be going home to see my family and the friends I've grown up with, but it's weird going from a new chapter in life partially back to the old one.
In terms of the future, growing up and having more freedom is one of the best feelings ever, yet letting go of the past is one of the worst feelings ever.

Next year is going to be so different rooming with new people and being on a completely different hall with completely different leadership. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to meet new people, be part of a seemingly incredible leadership team, and grow close to another circle of people, but this year and right now is what I know of college. College is this part of campus, this dorm, this room, with these roommates. Or so I think. I'll say it right now- change is frightening. Change is also fascinating and unusual, and I will never understand my feelings towards it. It's probably better that way.

..Now to go clean out my closet and desk. Sad day.

God bless :]

No comments:

Post a Comment