Saturday, April 16, 2011

A friend is a Gift from God.

I am so incredibly thankful that God has me exactly where He wants me.

As I look at everyone in their various stages of life and completely unique situations, I am thankful that I am where I am. It's crazy to think that I'm at the age where my friends, family, and schoolmates are getting married and having children. Growing up is a weird thing, but God knows where we're supposed to be at and when we should be there. I am so thankful to be in an incredible Christian university, making incredible friendships and growing intensely closer to God. These experiences in my life are experiences I would never have encountered except for being right here, right now. I can confidently say that these friends I am making in college right now will be the friends I carry with me my entire life. God has blessed me so much to have given me two incredible roommates this year, both wonderful and beautiful in their own way.

Carla's quiet, yet wise and passionate spirit has influenced me incredibly. While she juggles school, family, and a boyfriend, she never is one to put her friends on a back-burner. Carla's ability to overlook wrongs which people have committed is definitely to be praised, and I admire her slow temper. Carla's unique mildness displays a confidence which I envy, and her love for God is to be admired. Our similar sense of humor definitely keeps things interesting, and our ability to follow each others A.D.D. conversations is definitely a sign of being "kindred spirits." I'm thankful that Carla is willing to watch my random girly movies with me on late nights, and that we can share our food, even if she does risk my dropping crumbs on her bed. I love this girl with all of my heart.
Kaytee's outgoing, bold persona has definitely pushed me a little bit out of my comfort zone. While I thought I was friendly, Kaytee gave a whole new meaning to the word "friendly." Kaytee goes out of her way to make sure every person feels special and loved, and she refuses to allow anyone to be left out. This intentional attitude has definitely taught me so much and I am thankful to have her as an influence in my life. Kaytee's fun-loving free spirit brings joy to all who spend time with her. A dull moment definitely never exists when Kaytee is around. I am thankful for the random things that bond us, whether girly tv shows or random dance-sprees. I love this girl so much!

God knew EXACTLY what I needed this year and he blessed me with the two most amazing roommates. Freshman year would have failed to be as awesome as it has been without them, and I will forever thank and praise God for His unfailing love.
I'm also so incredibly thankful for the other beautiful ladies God has placed in my life here at school to be life-time-worthy friends <3.

Rosemary remains a loyal, tender-hearted friend who always puts others before herself. Her generosity always exists and her love for God and people shines through every single thing she says and does.
Amber's heart for God and people is one I look up to greatly and always will. Her dedication to ministry and constant sacrifice to its time-consuming tasks proves her be a faithful servant of God.
Sarah's incredible testimony through trials has inspired me immeasurably. Her perseverance to be the godly woman that God wants her to be has stretched my faith and given me a motivation that could have only beento retrieved by knowing her.
Mary Anna's thoughtful, obedient soul keeps her strong in times of pain. Her love for God pushes through any doubt or fears that exist in her life, and her passion to serve, be involved, and grow intellectually is evident through her constant hard work and effort. This girl's work ethic definitely inspires me.

Please don't be hurt or offended if you're not on this list, because there are SO many others whom I love dearly and who have impacted my life incredibly this year. The list could go on and on, but these are just a few people that came to mind right now. I am so thankful for all of you and your influence in my life. I pray that we will remain close throughout the years and keep encouraging each other spiritually. I love you all so much!

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment