Monday, April 18, 2011

All Things New

A day to remember- it's a love-hate relationship.

Name all the things a rushed college student tends to dread...
Not making it into any of the classes I need for my major? Not understanding the material in two of my classes? Not being able to find a speech topic? Oh wait, and being sick and unable to focus on top of it all?
Yup, you guessed it- that was my day.

But guess what- God's got my back.
And guess what- I have twizzlers.
And guess what- Dayquil tends to work wonders.

When life seems to say, "HA. You can't do it. HA. You're frail and human. Just give up while you're behind," I just like to say, "HA. You're right, I can't do it, but God can. HA. I am frail and human, but God is all-powerful and supernatural. I won't give up, because I'm not running alone."

It's days like this, the dreary, frustrating, head-in-a-fog, sort of days that make the devil get a big head.
But guess what- compared to God, he's got a tiny brain jingling around all emptily in his giant head of hot air.
And guess what- I have God on my side.
And guess what- Tomorrow is a new day.

That's one thing I've recently been learning.. God is a God of newness. New creatures, new life, new days.
2 Corinthians 5:17- "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."
I can tell you that I am so thankful for a God of second chances. I am so thankful for a God who loves us even during our times of bad attitudes, complaining tongues, and cynical perceptions. He makes all things NEW.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment