Saturday, January 28, 2012

Instances and Occurrences

After a slightly stressful week (that really did not need to be as stressful as I made it), I had one of the best Friday nights in a long time.

Let me back up a bit and describe the interesting stresses of this week.
Instance #1:
I am in a television practicum where every week we create short "what's new around campus" videos that are played once a week in chapel. During class on Wednesday, I was told that I had to film and edit footage for a story. Have I mentioned that I have no videography experience, nor have I taken any videography classes?
I freaked out about this a little. Ok, I freaked out a lot. I may as well admit it now since all of my friends witnessed my sheer panic. I felt so unprepared, inexperienced, incapable, under-educated and well, just plain stupid.
So, I did what I had to do. I rented the camera (a big fancy one that made me realize what a noob I really am), emailed all of the right people and.... didn't film. Why? Because they told me the story I was covering should be covered next month instead. All I can say is, THANK YOU, LORD. (...I know there will be a next time, but we won't think about that right now).
So there you have it, folks. Wasted stress.

Instance #2:
Financial confusion.. and running around campus attempting to mend problems that I didn't even understand. In fact, I probably would not have known they were problems had not my dad inspired me with a "...if you want to stay in college," line. Just kidding; he didn't do that. But you know.

Instance #3:
These classes are hard. Why am I in college again? To be educated or to be humiliated? Maybe humiliation is part of education. I mean, hey, I usually remember exactly what I learn from embarrassing situations. Let's just say I prayed that my pride would be kept down, and God is following through. In a design class full of creative people, I have no pride. I have confusion. Confusion drizzled with a little bit of frustration and a lot of embarrassment. In a Philosophy class, confusion also is a prominent emotion. I feel as though that is one of my most felt emotions in my life... I'm not sure what that means for me regarding the rest of my life, but whoever is going to be my future husband better have some patience on him.


So what occurred this Friday night to create such a relaxing, joyful day?
God and all of the amazing people He has put in my life.

After class today, I ate lunch with a group of hilarious friends, picked up the gigantic camera and met up with my RA/friend. We talked. And by "talk," I mean crammed about eight different in-depth conversations into about an hour and a half. That's skill right there.

After that (and freaking out some more about the television practicum), I headed over to the gym with a couple of friends where I finally hit the 3 mile mark in 35 min. on the elliptical, which, no matter how hard I have tried, I have not accomplished yet (until today)! So that was exciting. I realize that for the rest of the world, this is not that exciting, but for a girl who hates running, this is a phenomena.

Came back to the dorm and had a 30 minute conversation with my sister on the phone, solely spoken in broken Arabic. Hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do when it comes to having a private conversation while on a campus where it is impossible to be alone. So that was fun.

Went to my school's hockey game with some friends, where my friend Ashley and I danced to every single song that came on. Yeah, we're those people.
Went and saw "Courageous" at the dollar theater which was absolutely amazing. Go watch it.


So there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment