Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Creative Juice Drought

I have been having the most difficult time writing in this blog lately. Somehow the time between home and school creates an awkward limbo land filled with newness, adjustment and lack of creativity. I believe the lack of creativity stems from my intense focus on these new adjustments. Therefore, my creativity has currently been suffocated.

What does one even write about when their creative juices are dried up? I guess one just reads a lot, hoping the large mass of vocabulary will seep into her brain, infiltrating her thoughts into colorful descriptions and concepts. Unfortunately, when one is a college student who must solely read textbooks involving dryly presented material, one's mind is still stifled. And by "one," I mean me (and probably other students). It's amazing how education can either smother one's sense of adventure or greatly enhance it.

This genuinely is all nonsense, yet somehow I believe there to be some underlying meaning that I cannot quite figure out. I am truly sorry for this rant, but I've been told that when you just write, thoughts will come out. Well, thoughts have certainly come out, but that definitely does not mean they're logical. Or maybe they are. I'm going to stop now before I pop a brain cell.

Second semester of sophomore year- here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment