Monday, March 14, 2011

There's No Place Like Home

Home. One word that can bring millions of different thoughts to mind at once. There is definitely no place like it. While I LOVE school, there's something refreshing and warm about coming back home, even if just for a week. Well, I can tell you now that the past two days has been filled with adventures, but I'm definitely fine with that!

Yesterday was a day full of train rides, beautiful scenery from all different states, meeting new people, almost getting left in New York City, stressing out, and somehow a lot of relaxation thrown in there. If you need details feel free to ask.. haha.
Today was full of spending time with family and friends. You know those days where you feel like three days have gone by because you spend hours at a time with a few completely different groups of people? Today was one of those days, and it was awesome! I love days like this, because I feel like I've accomplished so much and spent time with so many people that I love! First thing this morning I went to my longtime home church where I heard an awesome message from my Pastor (well, from God, but we're fortunate enough to have a Pastor who really knows his Bible. It's so incredible how God uses him to help us understand the Bible better). I also got to see some relatives and church family, which was wonderful as usual. I've only been away for two months since Christmas, but it feels like its been years. At the same time, it feels like nothing really changed and I didn't really go anywhere. It's definitely a weird feeling. After church I spent a nice relaxing time at home sitting with my family, playing up a storm on the piano, and eating the best home cooked meal ever (I really took my mom's cooking for granted.. and then I went to college. I will never complain about my mom's food ever again. Ever. Mom, I'm sorry. I love you. You are wonderful. True story). After the fun time with my direct family and extended family, back to church I went for some awesome youth group time! Ah, nostalgia. The good old youth group days. There's nothing like a silent group of high schoolers in the midst of a "discussion" group. Oh, and dodge-ball. That's always good... to watch. I love my church friends :]. While a lot of them are younger than me, we're all so close. It's awesome how God can bring people of all ages together to grow together and build incredible friendships. After youth group was some College and Career time! No group of people really compares to this group. When we're together we definitely have a lot of memories, laughs, discussions, growing moments, and everything else that comes with it. Cheezy movies? Yeah, we even cover that too.

Yeah, I'd say today was a pretty fruitful day.
There's no place like home, that's for sure. I'm so thankful to be home for a week. God is good all the time!
And thank you, God, for five more days at home before I go back to the reality of college (although, I won't lie- I go to the best college ever with the best group of students ever. College and home are really just in two different realms).

I love you all!
God bless :]

No comments:

Post a Comment