Saturday, March 26, 2011

And Life Goes On

Well, this week has definitely been a learning experience. While some situations hurt, it's somewhat comforting to know that they could hurt much worse. I'm definitely thankful that God works things out in a way that we can handle and never gives us more than we can bear. My back's not broken yet. I've also learned to be thankful for books (above all- the Bible). In the restless times when I need to be busy instead of over thinking things, I find that reading is the perfect outlet to avoid dwelling on unchangeable issues. The Bible most definitely never gets old- it actually seems new every time I read it. I'm also planning on starting The House of the Seven Gables ..mostly because I just wrote a paper on Nathaniel Hawthorne and I'm all in "Hawthorne mode."

I'm so thankful for friends and family. I've learned that through it all, somebody does care. People may not always understand or be able to help, but they care. I think that's all we really need sometimes- a shoulder to cry on and a friend to eat lunch with. On top of that, I have a best friend who can understand, help, and hold me through it all, and His name is Jesus. It's a great thing to have Christ; in all seasons of life He is there.
Proverbs 18:24 " A man who has friends must himself be friendly,[a] But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."
I'm getting really excited for this camp. I can't imagine what type of experience it will be, but I know that if God's bringing me to it, He has something good in mind. I know it will be a learning experience and incredible time to serve and love children who need to see Christ as He is. In a world gone mad, full of sin and sorrow, children need to know that there is hope for the rest of their lives. We, and they, are the next generation, and Christ needs to be the center of all that lies in our futures.  I can't wait to be used by God to minister to these children. I pray that I can be the witness they need and the friend they are looking for.

God Bless <3

No comments:

Post a Comment