Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happenings & Trusting God

Well, it's been a week since I've written (outside of school work or personal Bible study stuff), which for me is pretty unusual. I guess they really lay the school work on us the few weeks before Spring Break, huh? Just kidding, it's not as bad as it could be. I'm learning to take one thing at a time and try not to look all the work I have to do as one big pile, because then I just panic and don't end up getting anything done at all.

So what does this week ahead look like for me? Well, thankfully, only God knows the future, but from what I can physically see- a lot of paper-writing, volleyball, studying, aerobic/dance class, Bible study, math, prepping for all the "come-back" work, and maintaining all my relationships throughout all of that. Last, but most definitely not least, Saturday I will be taking a train ride with one of my dear friends and by late Saturday night or maybe early Sunday morning I will be HOME! Only a week at home can definitely be a teaser.. sort of like dangling a carrot in front of rabbit and only letting it take a nibble before jerking it away. Thankfully, I love my college and it's probably the second best thing to being home. God is most definitely good.

Lately I've been really preparing myself emotionally, mentally, and, most importantly, spiritually for what God seems to be bringing my way. This summer, as those of you who read my blog already know, I will be counseling at a Christian summer camp. I'm also applying to be a prayer leader for next semester.
[Prayer leader: my college's version of a small group leader. A prayer leader is assigned a few girls on the hall to be in his/her "prayer group" for the year. The prayer leader leads prayer groups (surprise surprise!) once a week, usually participates in an accountability time with each girl, prays for every girl in their group, and mostly just is there to serve in whatever way the girls need. The prayer leader also has a time of accountability with the SLDs (Spiritual Life Directors) and the RAs (Resident Assitants). The prayer leader attends small groups and a class with other leadership as well.]
So, both of those positions are places in which I must be a complete servant but a leader. I must be a friend, but in the case of the camp counseling, I must be an authority. In both cases I must be an example and maintain a godly testimony. In the camp environment, if I have a bad attitude about what's going on, so will every kid who I am ministering to. In the prayer leader environment, if I break one of the seemingly pointless rules, so will those in my prayer group (or else they will use it to justify something similar).
As you can see, it might be a lot of pressure. How will I make it through something like that, you  may wonder? Well, a few months ago I probably would say "HA," which, to try to do that on my own, the mocking laugh would apply perfectly. Thankfully, I have God on my side. I'm not perfect, and God does not expect me to be. God does, however, expect me to look to Him to get me through each personal trial I face to keep me a strong example and bold testimony. I know that with God, I can do all things, because He strengthens me (Phil 4:13)! Isn't that awesome though? As believers, we have the Holy Spirit, and therefore have the power to get through seemingly impossible things. I know that while I'm terrified to have that type of responsibility, I'm also ridiculously excited to see how God will work. It may seem hard to trust in Someone that you cannot physically see, but when we trust God, we are never disappointed, because He shows Himself every time. It's an amazing thing.

Anyway, that's just a little something I wanted to share. Somehow I always end up writing late at night, when I should be sleeping. I guess God just knows when something needs to be said.

Thanks for reading & hope you have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment