Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"For the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you."

God never ceases to amaze me. God may not speak in an audible voice, but He most definitely speaks through His Word.
So, while I was slowly becoming more comfortable with the idea of going to camp and feeling more and more at peace about it, I still had some doubts in my mind. My mind still struggled with the fact that I was going to be with a staff that I don't know at all. What if I don't feel comfortable with the staff and make close friends? What if I get really homesick? What if I feel really alone?

Well, last night I was reading through a book called "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" (which is great so far). One passage that was mentioned in the book was Deuteronomy 31:6.
"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you."

Once I read this verse I felt a rest and a peace that is difficult for me to explain. With all the uncertainties of being away and of being thrown completely out of my comfort zone, the main thing I was forgetting is who exactly I have as my God. I do not have a God who will show me what He wants me to do and then throw me out on my own to get through it myself. I have a faithful, loving God who will bring exactly what I need into my life, whether it be difficult or not. I can be strong and courageous and not be afraid of whatever it is that God is putting in my life. The LORD is my God. I have a heavenly Father who is God, loves me personally, and knows what is best for my life. Wherever I go in the world, whether to a camp out in the middle of nowhere, to college, or even at home, God goes with me. I have Him in my life and He is there to stay. I can be assured that He will never leave me. He will never forsake me. I am His, and He is mine. If that's not true love, I don't know what is.

Thank you, God, for reassuring me of Your love, Your faithfulness, and Your presence. You are God, and where You lead, I will follow. Here am I, Lord, send me.

No comments:

Post a Comment