Thursday, November 8, 2012

Twilight Zone Thursday

Well, I would say today is a blog-worthy day. Some days are just more abnormal than most, and today was one of those days.

Let's just begin with the fact my biology class is like the twilight zone. Last night I studied for about four hours straight only to find out this morning when I got to class that he moved the test to next Tuesday. Biology- 2947924. Me- 0.

So, I get to biology, find out there is no test today and what else do I experience? Chaos.
Where to begin...
  1. Girls sitting behind me talking in regular voices through the entire class, having full-on conversations. Really now? As one of my gym teachers in high school would say... "This is not a sleepovah!"
  2. Girl a few seats down from me asks the teacher if Chic-fil-a is a vegetable. I'm not sure what to think of this- only that I am hoping she was joking. 
  3. Awkward couple sitting in the first two rows doing all sorts of weird things when the teacher turns his head. And by all sorts, I mean him grabbing her head and giving her noogies in class. Yes. In class.
  4. Girl in the front row (she's part of the awkward couple in #3) turns completely around in the middle of class, with the teacher standing right in front of her, and begins to caress the face of the guy sitting behind her. The teacher says nothing. Not one word. He simply continues to lecture on the difference between vegetables and fruits. I mean come on. Is this real life?
  5. The professor also called a girl out in the beginning of class and openly said that he was creeping on her at last Friday's Switchfoot concert. To which he concluded his statement by saying, "I was with my two kids, so it's not really creepy that I was creeping on you." 
This class. Just this class. Full of freshman. Odd teacher. Just why? I don't even know.

So then, class ends.
I continue on with my day.
I meet with my SLD (Spiritual Life Director) for lunch.We talk and eat as we usually do,
until the conclusion of our lunch time.

As we carried our dirty plates to the dish return, we were trailing behind two guys. One of these lads almost spilled his drink on the ground. So began his friend's rant.
Friend's description? Extremely southern freshman with a cowboy hat and incredible guts.
Southern Freshman: "You almost dropped your drink and these ladies could have slipped on it! What a horrible person you are! What are we going to do with him?"
My SLD and me: *Laughs* "It happens."
Southern Freshman: *precedes to attempt to maintain conversation and ramble on about who knows what* "Sorry my friend is a northerner and just doesn't understand such things."
Me: "I'm a northerner...."
Southern Freshman: "Oh I feel bad for you....What year are you two ladies?"
Me: "Junior."
SLD: "Senior."
Southern Freshman: "Oh wow. I would have guessed you two were sophomores!"
Me: "...Oh... not sure what that means. I guess that's good?"
Southern Freshman: "Oh it's good. Trust me. It's good."
Me: "Ok.. what year are you?"
Southern Freshman: "What would you guess?"
Me: "Freshman."
SLD: "...Sophomore?"
Southern Freshman: "Freshman!"
Me: "Yeah. I figured."
...We continued to walk out and as we finally arrived at the door, he ran in front of us to open the door, tipped his jet black cowboy hat at us (as we stifled laughter), and then told his friend that he had to make up for his friend's failure.
"You almost made them slip on their pretty little behinds!"

Then the laughter erupted. There was no holding back. And then we walked quickly away.

This day. And what scares me is that it's still not over.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to laugh, but this was WONDERFUL! Chick-fil-a being a vegetable was an exceptional highlight. Oh my goodness. Thank you Lena, for sharing your insane day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah, that is quite all right. I laughed a lot about it all too. I'm glad you were entertained ;].

    ReplyDelete