Saturday, November 10, 2012

The King who can't be Dethroned

So, maybe I've missed the "obligatory political blog post" boat during these election times, but I feel as though maybe the after-thoughts may be more interesting, and well, just more thought out in general. During the election, my emotions are usually all over the place and everyone tends to be high on politics. I guess this is part of what I want to write about.

I'm not going to be shy, and I'm not going to lie. I was extremely disappointed with the outcome of the election and failed to have a good attitude. This is a personal blog, so I'm going to go ahead and openly say that President Obama being in office for another four years makes me shutter. And wonder what freedom will look like when I'm 24.

When the election results came out, a fog of depression emerged upon my extremely conservative university, except for the occasional Obama fan who would decide that throwing Obama flyers was a great idea. (To slightly digress on that- if you want to help me maintain a good attitude, then please do not do this. I will in fact snap and yell things like "SAVE THE BABIES!" and then walk away angrily. This is a true story). Walking back to the dorm room after hearing that was like walking out of a funeral home and into a memorial service. The tensions on my hall were high, and I decided that there was no possible way that we could have a good attitude and show respect without intense prayer. So, I made a "prayer circle" call onto the hall and some obviously unhappy girls emerged from their room, ready and willing to pray for the country and our president. As I prayed out loud, it occurred to me that it was not in fact the end of the world. It may not be good news for our country, but it is not the end of the world (yet).

Although my attitude still suffered and I had to fight bitterness, I believe God used this whole thing in my life a lot. I learned a lot about people and about myself, and I re-realized how omnipotent and sovereign God really is.

Now, before I go on, let me just say that I think it is extremely important to respect authority, and since President Obama has been placed in authority over our country, I will respect him.
However, the moment he tells me to do or think something that opposes God's Word, I choose Jesus over him any day. But anyway...

The main verses that popped into my head right after President Obama was announced to be the winner of the election was Romans 1. Now I'm not saying Mitt Romney would have been some sort of redeemer, but any candidate who supports the genocide of the unborn proves himself to be lacking in the "following God" department. So anyway...

Romans 1:18-25
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,19because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things. 24Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
 ...I can't help but relate this verse perfectly to our country and our world.
Immorality and corruption is overtaking our country, but here's the thing-- the people have CHOSEN it. When people want to sit in their own filth and manure, God allows them. Maybe that's heartless, but I believe it's the truth.

God won't force anyone to love Him. 
He won't force anyone to care about what He says.
However, God gives people the worst punishment they could imagine when they choose to live in sin-- what they want. You don't want a God to tell you what to do? Prepare for chaos. Prepare for complete and utter chaos. The world without God's presence is a very scare place, my friends.
Sorry if that's morbid, but this really did come to mind at all of these occurrences. I was surprised that our country re-chose a man who stands for all things contrary to the Bible, truth and morality, but then again, I wasn't surprised at all. This is the world we live in and this is the choice that they've made.

As for me, I choose to follow the ONE true God. No human being can give me the hope that Jesus Christ has given me. Now to only spread this hope and truth to the rest of the world *another post for another time*....

Anyway, I guess to conclude all of these thoughts I'm just going to say that whoever our president is- Jesus Christ is LORD. Whatever the people choose- God's Word is the final authority. Whatever chaos breaks out in this lost world- there is peace in Jesus Christ.
Life will go on, and Jesus will always be in control.
Jesus Christ will always be King.
Nothing will ever change that.
Not the republicans. Not the democrats. Not Romney. Not Obama. Not any individual. Not any policy. Not any "change."

No comments:

Post a Comment