Sunday, November 4, 2012

#ThankfulFor - October 2012

Some people call twitter a "micro-blog." I would have to agree. After a long month of complaining all of September (it just happens to be my least favorite month of the year), I decided it was time to stop complaining and time to start thanking God for everything He does daily in my life.

SO, I decided twitter was a great place to thank God daily AND encourage others!

Daily "#ThankfulFor" Tweets - October Edition =)

October 1st, 2012
-"I've decided that I'm going to try (I can't promise I won't miss a day) to tweet something I'm thankful for every single day. #ThankfulFor"
-"First of my #ThankfulFor daily tweets: I'm thankful for the big, bright orange loofah that Heather gave me. #sosoftandcomfy"-"#ThankfulFor the ability to learn and grow."
 October 2nd, 2012
-#ThankfulFor hilarious embarrassing moments.. they stink at the time, but man do they make for great stories. #LOLmoments
October 3rd, 2012
-#ThankfulFor parents who let me talk to them about anything and everything, even when I'm being unreasonable. #blessed
October 4th, 2012
-#ThankfulFor Thursdays. Thursdays are always so chill and wonderful, and they're right before Fridays. Thank you, Jesus, for Thursdays.
(apparently I was so thankful for the weekend that I didn't tweet about it...)
October 8th, 2012
-#ThankfulFor the fact that my phone is now found. *insert 'prodigal son' analogy*
October 9th, 2012
-#ThankfulFor friends who love me just the way I am, but love me enough to tell me when it's time to change. 
October 10th, 2012
-#ThankfulFor a God I can trust. #itwillbeok
October 12th, 2012
-#ThankfulFor restful weekends.
October 13th, 2012
-#ThankfulFor the 90s and the hilarity of it all
October 14th, 2012
-#ThankfulFor long car rides :)
October 15th, 2012
-#ThankfulFor spinach. Random, I know, but it's so delicious and will make me like Popeye. #pumping iron
October 16th, 2012
-#ThankfulFor the internship God just provided for next semester. Seriously JUST what I need!
October 17th, 2012
-#ThankfulFor this new phone! Sad my little green one is dead, though. You lived a good life, little buddy.
October 19th, 2012
-#ThankfulFor an awesome leadership team and amazing friends!
October 22nd, 2012
-#ThankfulFor the fact that God is in control. It's hard to give up control, but when we do, it's so incredibly freeing.
October 23rd, 2012
-#ThankfulFor parents who support me always. And who encourage me in my Arabic.. even though they laugh at my bad grammar ;].
October 24th, 2012
-#ThankfulFor the ladies on Dorm 2 and the way they bond together in tough times! You women are SOLID!
October 29th, 2012
I know why today was blah now! I have been forgetting to do my #ThankfulFor tweets! #ThankfulFor days off from class :).
October 30th, 2012
-#ThankfulFor chapstick. For real though..

So, as you can see, some days (weekends.. weeks.. ya know), I totally failed. Hopefully, this will show me how many days I forget to thank God and remind me to ALWAYS thank Him. This whole project of mine has so far showed me how MUCH I have to be thankful for.. and all of the little happy things that bring joy to my life (whether serious or a bit humorous). It's so convicting to realize how blessed I am and how little I thank God for such blessings.

So.. thank You, Jesus!

I've really enjoyed beginning this "project." It's helped me quite a bit and definitely has opened my eyes to God's blessings in my life.
I think I'm going to make this a monthly blog tradition. =) What do you all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment