Saturday, February 18, 2012

"You are faithful, God."

This semester is incomparably surpassing last semester. While looking out from normal-people-lenses, one would see my last semester to have been messy, depressing, crazy and lonely.
From Jesus-knows-all-lenses, one can see that while that semester was all of those things, they have framed this semester, so far, to probably be the best semester of my life.

Last semester's lessons on loneliness formed this semester's need for alone time with God.
Last semester's pains with people created this semester's growth of friendships.
Last semester's stresses over schoolwork generated this semester's patterns of taking one assignment at a time patiently and calmly.
Last semester's intense homesickness produced this semester's extreme appreciation for my family.
Last semester's struggle with romantic relationships (or lack there of) molded this semester's intense love for the gift of singleness. (This most definitely has not be a curse, but one of the biggest blessings of my current stage in life- please see..well.. the majority of my blog posts within the last month).
Last semester's discouragements of leadership provided this semester's better understanding of the people God has put in my life and how to minister to them.

So really, in a nutshell, my seemingly negative experiences from last semester allowed this semester to bloom into one beautiful rose.

The semester isn't over yet though.. so that's not to say that God will put more adversities in my path, but because of the past adversities' overall positive effects in my life (specifically having to do with my relationship with God), I say, bring it on!

(I hope I'm not speaking too soon....)

No comments:

Post a Comment