Tuesday, February 21, 2012

One big tangent

While snow and I would not label ourselves as friends, we can find things to agree upon sometimes. Like snow days. Snow wants to have a day, and I agree. It should have a day; it should have one quite frequently, in fact. So, in honor of snow and its wishes, my school had its first snow day of the year today.

So how did I spend this fantastic day that we should have had off in the first place (apparently my school doesn't care about the presidents' accomplishments in our nation)?

I ate a hearty steak with delicious potatoes wedges on the side. I then took part in a smashing Broadway performance, enchanting the entire crowd.
Actually that didn't happen. I ate leftovers from a diner and then I listened to showtunes while finishing not-so-enchanting homework.
Such is my life- which is why I watch shows like "Once Upon a Time."

I've realized something though. My life is not movie-worthy, but it is meaningful. It's amazing how much purpose one has when they have God. I think I often forget how much meaning I truly have in Him.
Every single little seemingly meaningless activity I involve myself in is necessary and useful, because it is all done to God's glory. Whether I eat or drink, it's ALL to God's glory.
If I do a homework assignment halfheartedly, why do it at all? God does not take pleasure in the homework assignment; He takes pleasure in my attitude and behaviors surrounding the assignment.

It is my goal to do everything with diligence, humility, dignity, cheerfulness and perseverance.
Anything I do will be successful (in terms of how I live out my life in relation to God's will) if I apply these factors, and joy will inevitably come.

So I guess my point is, I'm thankful for the life God has given me- the little details that make my life a blessing. The deep, beautiful talks with my friends and family. The interesting lessons I learn in class that may impact my future. The people I come in contact with on day to day basis. The flowers outside. A warm breeze. A smile from a stranger. A chocolate-dipped strawberry. A hug. Colorful pens and elegant stationery. The smell of rain on a summer day.
Even occasionally the snow (when it gives us snow days).

I'm thankful for it all.

And that was one big tangent... but this is my blog so I can do what I want. (I'm thankful for that too).
(Also.. I just missed writing. So that's what happened).



No comments:

Post a Comment