Sunday, February 17, 2013

Julie & Julia & Daisy

This weekend I watched "Julie & Julia." Would it be dramatic to say that it sort of changed my life?
Yeah it probably would be since it did not actually in fact change my life.


However, I did happen to gain a small education from this film.
  1. I do not want to work at an insurance company answering phones. 
  2. Actually, maybe I could work at an insurance company answering phones and write about everyone's really ridiculous stories that they call in about. Or is that illegal? ......Maybe I should just stay away from this.
  3. Blogging really is wonderful. However, I need to focus my blog to a specific audience... or at least start another one that does so.
  4. I really do not understand cooking lingo. I should probably look into that if I'm ever going to read a cookbook.. and cook from it. And not poison everyone who eats of the results.
  5. Note to self: never put my writing endeavors before people. Putting my own thoughts and opinions before tangible human beings who are in the real world is just asking to be alone for the rest of my life.
  6. Julia Child is hilarious, and I would have loved to be her friend. In fact, my mom sort of reminds me of her. I don't know if that will insult my mother to tell her that, so.. mmm.. better not. Either way, my mom is cool.
  7. This may be Meryl Streep's finest movie. This woman can act.
  8. Pearls really do make everyone classier. 
  9. I wonder if cooking lobster is really as hard as it looks? Also, I should probably try lobster sometime... especially since I'm from New England. Yes, I am from the Boston area and have never in fact tasted lobster. Fail, self. Fail. 
  10. I want to create a project blog just like Julie. You know, the kind of blog that keeps readers hooked and longing to see what happens next. I want it to be honest. Vulnerable. Unleashing the quirky. Entertaining. Inspiring. 
I need ideas. I guess there isn't really a rush... but then again, if I don't do this now, I probably never will (or at least I'll put it off until I'm 42 and my hypothetical children are in high school).

Time to use my investigative reporting skills and research the internet for all that is missing in it. That's so hard... that's like trying to complete one of those "Spot the Difference" puzzles. If you've ever tried one of these, hopefully you aren't as bad as I am. Being observant isn't one of my finest skills. Remind me why I'm a journalism major again?

Can you "spot the differences?"
Hey look, it's Julia Child baking a cake! And... me? And a cat!

What can I bring to the imaginary table?

Well, I have no answers for now, but I'll be thinking. And praying.
This may seem sort of petty to pray about, but I do believe that anything I write is to glorify God anyway, so of course I would pray about this.

Guess we'll find out what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment