Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Girl and Her Journal

Tonight, I finally finished my latest journal. I'm not sure what number journal it was, because I've filled many a journal, but I'm sure it's up in the teens somewhere.
Anyway, I'm moving onto a new journal and sort of feeling nostalgic.
The relationship between a girl and her journal is a beautiful thing.. delicate, honest and vulnerable. A journal knows its girl's deepest thoughts, hardest aches, happiest joys, silliest rambles, most illogical feelings, most embarrassing experiences, funniest quirks and sincerest sentiments.

This completed journal's name is Daisy... yeah, I name my journals. Lame, but true. I don't actually address the journal by it's given name, I just like to think it has a little bit of personality. I haven't had a journal named Daisy yet, and, it being my pen name and all, I thought it would be appropriate to have at least one Daisy journal.

Daisy's seen my entire junior year of college up until this point, so it's sort of weird starting a new one at the end of February, but ya know. What can ya do. My new journal is pretty spiffy, and I'm still trying to think up a good name for her, so if you have any suggestions, do share!

To fill up the last few pages of Daisy, I decided to list a few things that I need to do more, want to do more or just want to do in general. The list sort of turned into more than just a few things, but here's what came out of the list:
  • Read my Bible more
  • Pray more often
  • Be thankful
  • Be more loving
  • Be more generous
  • Listen
  • Be kinder
  • Talk about myself LESS.
  • Trust God more
  • Be less self-conscious
  • Have more self-control
  • Not take things so personally
  • Guard my heart
  • Don't idolize anything
  • Love Jesus MOST
  • Love people second
  • Try new things
  • Don't give up
  • Work hard
  • Take breaks
  • Enjoy every day
  • Love the little moments
  • Let a guy pursue me
  • Be ok with being single
  • Remember God provides
  • Don't plan every moment
  • Take a breath
  • Focus
  • Don't waste
  • Spend less time on social media (which I'm on right now... just spent 15 minutes scrolling twitter. That's a problem).
  • Be happy =) even when things are just "eh"
  • Start exercising more
  • Get better at swimming
  • Play more piano
  • Hug people
  • Be selfless
  • But have boundaries
  • HUG lots of people... oh I said that one already
  • Read a lot!
  • Be creative
  • Think outside the box
  • Just think in general
  • Read about how to train dogs so that one day I can own one
  • Learn to sew
  • Write a book already!
  • Eat better
  • Finish this journal already...
  • Be GOOFY and not care if people are JUDGIN' (I really did write it that way)...
  • But know when to be serious
  • Never stop telling stories
  • Hike more
  • Go for more late night walks and never forget the pumpkin seeds!
  • Never take any season for granted
  • Pray instead of complain
  • Write and never stop
  • Keep my eyes open and don't overlook people
  • Be myself & no one else.
  • Stop comparing myself to others
  • Be an example
  • Be a mentor
  • Seek a mentor
  • Never think so highly of myself that I don't serve
  • Be confident
  • Don't be arrogant
  • Be honest
  • Don't be afraid to confront issues
  • If I wouldn't want people knowing it, don't say it.
  • Learn to knit something other than a scarf....
  • Go to Europe
  • Do whatever it is God allows me to do with my major and rock it!
  • Love Jesus ALWAYS
  • Never take my family and friends for granted
So that's how I filled Daisy's last few pages. She lived a good life, and I think she ended it well, too.

Hello, new journal, new memories, new lessons, new stories, new thoughts and new perspectives. Enjoy me, in older form!

1 comment: