Friday, January 11, 2013

Quinntroduction

So, first impressions of living at a hotel. Let's see...

I walk in. Ahoy! A lobby and front desk! Well this is interesting. I continue down the carpeted hallway only to see an extremely long hallway and a number of rooms. Wait, you enter the building from the 3rd floor? Stairs. Ok good. This will take me to my 1st floor destination. Down I go until I reach the lowest floor where the laundry room also resides.
Tra la la through the hotel I go, maintenance men everywhere installing doorknobs for all the lovely residents on my hall.
What is this? Still not at my room? I continue walking until finally, a left turn and hallway later, my roommate's and my room. Oh hello. Giant balcony window/door to the woods and highway. Well this seems safe. SHUT THE SHADES. Ok, perfect.
Oh hey, own bathroom and shower! I like this.
Rearrange room with roommate. Rearrange again. The tall dressers almost crush us. That would be bad to die my first day moving in. Thankfully, we squish the dressers into their corners.
Begin unpacking. Then it hits me. I'm living here for four months. Woah mama. Speaking of which, I miss my Mama already. I think she misses me, too, because she keeps saying really cute things like "I can't believe you already came and went," and "It's so quiet and weird without you here." I'll take it.
Go on with our day. Hang out with the awesome RA group.
Annex RAs come and raid the Quinn with love and welcoming spirits? Absolute sweetness. Such kind souls and encouraging beings! Seriously though, I would LOVE to get to know these RAs better. What a blessing it will be to be their neighbors!

So there you have it, folks. What an introduction to adventures. Quinntroduction, I mean. Cause we're "quinning." We are the "Quin Folk." SO MANY QUINNSIGHTFUL PUNS!

No comments:

Post a Comment