Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Junior Year, You've Arrived with a Vengance

So, this is my first post in a while not focused upon the Lebanon trip. What an incredible month of my life, but it's good to be back in the states. If you read the Lebanon posts, you now know that I am experiencing the newness of RA this year. I just arrived last week and it's already crazy... and I know this is just the beginning. Once classes start... oh man.

So what's been happening so far now that I've moved back into school?
- Making the hall look pretty
- Making our room look homey so girls on the hall aren't scared of us
- Getting a ton of training crammed into a couple of days
- Moving in freshman (one of the most fun things ever!)
- Getting to know the girls that will be on our leadership team
- Getting to know my partner/ roommate better
- Getting to know the brother & sister dorm leadership
- Having one last hoorah with my partner and one of our Spiritual Life Directors .. dinner & shopping before we are locked on the hall until classes start.
- Being locked in our room (to be here to move students in) for about a week..
- A LOT of trusting God

That about sums it up.

At the moment, I have some down time, which is really nice. So why this blog post? To be quite honest, this post is mostly for my sister and my parents since finding a time to talk to them and tell them about everything has been ridiculous, but if you are interested in reading this, by all means, read away! =)

In general, I'm really excited about this position. This is definitely going to be one of those positions that I have to FULLY rely on God in every single decision or situation to give me wisdom, strength and, well.. just basic knowledge. There's a lot. I was a little bit overwhelmed with all of the logistics at first, but once we started meeting girls and moving freshman in, it calmed me down a lot and made me see how worth it this will be. God is just very good. I know this will be a major tester of my faith this year, but it will be good. God will definitely stretch me and growth is inevitable. I can't believe this is my official "I'm a junior" post though. It's definitely a new year with extremely new experiences, but that's good. I have mixed feelings regarding the major changes, but God has it under control. He just does. I know that even though I may feel as though I can't make it any longer, He will get me through it. He never puts us in situations that we can't handle, and I am comforted by that. So, now I can look back to this post when I'm totally freaking out and about to pull my hair out so that I can be reminded that God put me here, and He'll bring me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment