Thursday, June 21, 2012

Lewis Quotes

I always have loved C.S. Lewis as an author and fellow Christian, but I've especially been on a Lewis kick the past few days. So, here is a post dedicated solely to some of my favorite quotes via the man who brought us the world of Narnia.



"We are what we believe we are."

"Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less."

"Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point to move forward."

"If you want religion to make you comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity."

"Don't let your happiness depend on something you may lose."

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body."

"I believe in Christ like I believe in the sun- not because I can see it, but because by it I can see everything else."

"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind."

"You are never too old to set a new goal or to dream a new dream."

"God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing."

 "Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither."

 "If God had granted all the silly prayers I've made in my life, where should I be now?"

 "He who has God and everything else has no more than he who has God only."

"Heaven is that greater glory of which Nature is only the first sketch."



 Those are just a few, but I just love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment