Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sophomore Year- Summed Up

Ah Summer. You are here, finally, and you couldn't have come at a better time.
Ah Home. I am here, finally, and you're just as cozy as you always are.

In all honesty, I absolutely cannot believe that I have conquered two years of college and that I'm officially a college Junior. What? What does that even recall? I guess for now I should just focus on this summer and accomplishing whatever it is God wants me to do for Him.

I'm so thankful for another year that has taken place at my amazing university and the difficult, but awesome lessons God as taught me. This year, I learned that it's all right to be alone- I'm never really alone, just alone with God. I learned that teacher's can completely turn their students off from a material that could be absolutely incredible (e.g. just how we sometimes turn people off from the gospel). I learned that I'm really thankful for my freshman year roommates and the things I learned from them. I learned that unholiness will not only negatively impact my walk with God but also my testimony for Him. I learned that God provides. I learned to let go of control and planning and to allow GOD to be God. These are just a few of the lessons I learned, but all were much needed and incredible in the end (though difficult to go through).

I'm also thankful for the crazy opportunities I have at my school and the things I can take part in that I probably never would have been able to otherwise.
For instance- dumpster diving. Last Sunday night, I went with some friends from my leadership team and we dove in dumpsters. Let me tell you, we found some treasures...and I found a fantastic refillable planner (I realize how much of a nerd I truly am). We also found spray paint, with which we painted the school "rock" with and left our dorm mark on the side walk (it's legal.. I promise). All of these were first times for me... I guess I can say I'm officially a college student now that I've driven around with seven people in a car after midnight with the intent of searching through trash and leaving grafiti marks.
Getting to lead a small group of girls in Bible study.

Taking pictures in an old warehouse.
Singing in front of 8,000+ people.

Getting whip creamed in the face (and then losing my contact...).
Having a mashed potato war.


Playing beach volleyball for hours at a time.
Having (almost) a whole movie theater to ourselves with two of my best friends (freshman year roommates).
Going swing dancing with the freshman year roommates.
Going to multiple concerts and plays (Anberlin, Dave Barnes, NEEDTOBREATHE, Ben Rector, Oklahoma, Ragtime, etc).
Experiencing student-led worship with people who are on fire for God.
Invading Walmart with one of my best friends, Sarah.
What people think we look like.
Who we actually are.

Eating frozen yogurt on a weekendly basis.
Being in the leadership parade!
Attending a ton of sports events- hockey, football, baseball, minor league baseball, intramurals, etc.
Preparing to be an SLD next semester with my new Big 4.

Making new awesome friends and building on my incredible friendships from last year.









I thank God upon remembrance of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment