Saturday, April 28, 2012

"Your ways are not My ways, declares the LORD."

God has been moving in my heart in a way that He never has before. I've always been passionate specifically about the people of the Middle East since high school and God has more recently placed on my heart serving orphans. As of now, God hasn't opened any doors regarding any orphanages quite yet, but regarding the Middle East, God's been slamming opening some crazy doors and slamming them open quickly.

Last night, after having dinner with one of my closest friends, Sarah (click on her name to see her blog- this woman is such a beautiful woman of God) and just opening up our hearts to each other, we decided to attend a student-led worship service at my school. Mind you, I had no intention of going. I kind of was hardened to it actually, with the "I'm not in the mood for emotional-hand-raisers" mentality. I know. That's harsh, but that was honestly my attitude. Well, we went, and I can tell you right now that God really moved.. and for that one night, I was a hand-raiser.


Let me start from the beginning of the night.
When we arrived, we walked up and made our through the initial minimal crowd. The worship band played some praise and worship songs, read some Scripture and prayed numerous times.
It started off as just a time to express to Jesus through song how much I truly love Him. As I sang, I looked around to see flags of the world surrounding us. I tried to find the flag of my heritage, but I couldn't find it.
One of the first gentlemen that went up to pray focused his prayer on the people of Africa. The next young lady who prayed focused her prayer on the people of Latin America. Person after person made their way to the front where there was a globe, found their home countries and prayed over the lost people of their family's nation with fervency and passion. Prayer after prayer was lifted to God, pleading the salvation of the people of their nation. So many cultures in this melting pot of Christians.
As I witnessed this, God pressed my heart. My culture is often so forgotten.
The Middle East is so frequently labeled as a place of terror and violence, but it is just another place that needs Jesus. So many lies believed, and they just need the truth.
So I prayed and I cried. I prayed with all my heart for my family's country and the people of the Middle East. I prayed that for God to use me, whether now or some other time in my life, to reach those people. I cried out to God, begging Him to bring them to Him. I cried for the lost and the forgotten nations.
I cried for my lack of involvement.
And after I prayed and cried, I made my way to the front, found the Middle East on the globe, and prayed and cried some more.
Needless to say, God is working.

I talked to my dad today to see if any of my relatives were going to the Middle East this summer. I was scared that he would disapprove because of the danger-factor and because of the fact that I'm not home all year due to school. His response? "Why? Do you want to go? I think that's a great idea."
My heart was so happy to hear this. I told him that I didn't want to go on a vacation- I wanted to be involved in the Bible-believing church in my dad's hometown either helping with a kid's club or doing Bible studies with teenaged or college-aged girls. He loved the idea and told me he would contact the pastor of the church there to find out what I can be involved in.

Well, I guess within the next few weeks I will be finding out whether I'm really going this summer or not. Either way, I'm trusting God. I won't lie- I'm scared. I'm really scared. I have no idea what may come of this trip if I go, how God will use me this summer or what God will do with me the rest of my life. I'm scared. The control-freak in me screams, and it's awesome. God's pushing out the control-issues in my life and bringing in trust in Him. So thankful for Jesus Christ in my life to strip away everything that pulls me away from God.

Whether it's just this summer, temporarily in my life or for my whole life- I want to be used by God in the Middle East. My heart yearns for their salvation.


"Jesus. I'll stand with arms HIGH and heart ABANDONED,
in awe of the One who gave it all."

Isaiah 55:8
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD."

No comments:

Post a Comment