Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Burnt Out

..And now I will rant through simile about my burnt-out self. 

Burnt-out like an old light bulb.
Fried like Southern food.
As worn out as antique leather.
As burnt as a ginger in the summer.
Just like a motionless fly after a giant swat.
Flattened like roadkill.
Charred like my uncle's grilling job at 4th of July cookouts.
Sizzled like my hair after being straightened.
Just as shriveled and pathetic as E.T.

...I'm running out of examples that my high school English teacher would be proud of. I bet he wouldn't have liked my last sentence because it ended in a preposition. Oh well. P.S. I'm taking a World Literature class next semester and I'm excited about it, because, if you haven't noticed, I have a quirky enjoyment of the English language.

So pretty much, I have hit a point of sheer insanity and complete readiness for this semester to be annihilated. Thankfully, God is getting me through! No joke though- there is no way I would have made it out of the past couple of weeks alive without God's strength, because let's be real now- this toasted girl has been slightly overcooked and is now a little bit crispy.
On the plus side, I've started to write fiction again. We'll see how long that lasts though.
In addition, I really like my job. I like most of my classes. God provides and always is good.

Three weeks until some rest! Three weeks until I see my family!
Three weeks until I eat home-cooked food! Three weeks until I get to enjoy the outdoors!
Three weeks until I don't have assignments hanging over my head like a sad, stalking rain cloud (look, another simile)! Three weeks until I can BREATHE!
THREE WEEKS!!!

2 comments: