Monday, May 13, 2013

Summer Goals

I have a lot of goals this summer. 
Most of them involve continuing things I've always liked to do but don't have a lot of time to do at school (such as reading as many books as possible, playing the piano, exercising, etc.), but some involve things I haven't really had the chance to try (painting, getting into running, writing a book, interviewing people for my new single's blog).

And then there's the appendages to those goals. 
For example, with my piano playing, I don't want to just play piano, but I also want to really dig into music theory (dangerous, but possible) and learn how to play better by ear (I'm a hardcore sight reader).
Or, with reading, I don't want to just read, I want to analyze, soak in, and emerge myself.
With exercising... well, I want to actually exercise and not say that I will exercise.
With painting, I want to paint something I'm proud of and not give up after a bad painting.
With running, I want to be able to 5 miles like it's nothing (that may seem like nothing for you athletes out there, but for this girl, that's a pretty lofty goal).
With writing a book, I want to finish it. It doesn't have to be incredible, it just has to have an ending, unlike everything remotely book-like that I've begun. By "finish it," I mean at least know where it will go, whether it's actually finished by the end of the summer or not (I definitely doubt it will be done by then).
With the "Embrace the Single" blog, I really want to make the most of it and use it to minister to people. I want it to be a testimony of all of the single Christians that I can get in contact with who are willing to share a piece of themselves so that others may be encouraged. I don't exactly know where it will go, but I pray it will go somewhere useful.

In addition, I will be working as a Production Intern this summer at a local radio station.
I am so ridiculously excited, and I have already set some goals for myself in that internship.
  1. Do the best that I know how to do so that be a good steward of the gifts God has provided me with.
  2. Attempt to remember everything that I learned during my Radio Practicums..
  3. Make friends in my area!
  4. Share Jesus & show people God's love
  5. Gain lots of experience and hopefully score a job through this internship! 
Other goals this summer?
  • Go to local events and activities (be a part of the community)
  • Spend lots of wonderful time with my family & nephew (BABY!!)
  • Spend time with cousins!
  • Be involved in my church.
  • Dig into books of the Bible and meditate on them.
  • Find a job.
  • Spend time with my grandmothers <3
  • Try to go play piano for those at the Assisted Living home in the town next door (I miss them!)
  • Get rid of things I don't need.
  • Make new friends =)
  • Find people to minister to
  • Try to cook more? (....we'll see...)
  • Make the most of every moment!
I can't wait to see what the LORD does these next couple of months!

No comments:

Post a Comment