Monday, July 9, 2012

July 9th

So, today is officially the day. Ok, I realize it's 12 a.m. and my flight is an evening flight, but ya know. It's still July 9th. One thing I know is that goodbye's are outrageous. I'm not sure why they are so outrageous, especially when I'll only be gone three weeks. Maybe it's the circumstance and maybe it's because of where I am going, but honestly there is one thing I must remember that my friend Sarah shared with me: Wherever God is calling me will be the safest place for me to be.
So much truth. "It's so dangerous!" "It's so far!" "What can you even do, you're too young!" "You're a girl; you're too vulnerable!"

If God is calling me there, I'm going. If God is bringing me there, I trust Him.

When God told Moses to go to Pharaoh to fight for his people's cause and Moses was afraid, The LORD reminds Moses that I AM is the One who is sending him. He is the ultimate. There's no messing with Him. If I AM is calling me to do something, you had better believe I'm doing it. Now, I'm not saying I'm the next one to lead God's people into the promised land. Don't go assuming these things. However, I am saying that God can use the most insignificant people in the most odd circumstances through the most original methods. So whatever God chooses to do, whether seemingly miniscule or extremely dramatic, I'm willing. Lord, here am I. Send me.

So apparently, He's sending me.. and I'm going, God willing. Am I ready for the ridiculously long plane ride? I have never been more ready. Yet, I'm restless just thinking about it. 20 hour trip (approximately), here I come!

1 comment:

  1. praying for you, Miss Wolf! : ) Enjoy every moment, okay? "Give thanks always, in all things, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18 Also, I strongly believe the Lord is planning to bless you immensely through this journey of faith. Enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete