Monday, August 15, 2011

College. Round Two.

It seems just like yesterday I wrote my "can't believe my freshman year of college has ended," post.
Well, folks, the day has come that I am finally able to write my "can't believe my sophomore year of college has started." When did this even happen? Was it in the millisecond that I blinked or maybe that moment when I was forced to sneeze?

Well whenever or however this happened, I am here, and it feels as though I haven't even left.
It's hard to believe that the summer has come and gone, and that within that miniscule amount of time I experienced so many changes in my life and learned so much about myself, people, and God. It's amazing what God can teach in those seemingly meaningless gaps of life. Don't worry, I will soon post a detailed excerpt of what occurred in my life this summer, but for now I figured I would post an official "first of sophomore year" post.

First official day back and what has occurred? Major bonding of our hall's leadership team, being reunited with close friends from last year, feeling like we never left, beginning to make new friends, dinner at our favorite dining hall (sense the sarcasm?), and an incredible, convicting opening message from one of our favorite campus pastors.

Signs of an incredible year have already peaked up from behind the wall of speculation and hesitation that initially existed in my heart considering being a prayer leader, or just on leadership in general. Thankfully, God is bigger than the boogie man (Veggie tales reference... anyone?).

So, in order to function this long day of leadership training, I feel that sleep is an important factor in my life at this current moment, or at any moment really.

Goodnight world and God bless.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're back to blogging! (And yes I definitely got the Veggie Tales reference. :) Can't wait to hear all about your summer and whatever exciting things God has in store for you this year! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Miss you so much! Wish I could have seen you and the kids before I left :[. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! We'll look forward to seeing you around Christmas, at least...and there will be a new little one to meet!

    ReplyDelete