Sunday, February 20, 2011

Is It Really Success?

      It's interesting how when I'm in school and busy doing work, I seem to forget that there's more to life than reading books and memorizing facts. All the world seems to no longer exist and all I can focus on is getting that A or fully grasping that concept. Don't get me wrong- doing well in school is important; I mean, that's why I'm here. But when it all comes down to it, am I really incorporating all my book knowledge and social skills for the good of eternity? Time management is probably one of the most difficult things in my life. I try to prioritize, but it just seems that I struggle to put the priorities of serving God with my life now before my priorities to become successful in this life. Yes, God calls us to do the best that we possibly can in every aspect of our lives, but He also calls us to fulfill His Great Commission of spreading the gospel. Am I spreading the gospel? Am I even trying? Am I willing to sacrifice my time now to advance the Kingdom of God? If any of my answers to these are "no," I guess I should really evaluate how I'm living the Christian life and what I need to change in order to really make use of my time right now in my life for the good of the gospel.
      On the other hand, I go through phases where I spend way too much time with people and not enough time on school work. God put me here to learn, so I should learn. He provided the means so that I could be here, so how can I waste it? I can't just sleep through classes, hope to get by, and settle for a basic passing grade when I know I can go beyond that and pass in flying colors. God expects my best, so I better give it, especially when He's provided so much for me to be here.
      Really, the key is balance, which is probably my biggest issue right now, but by the grace of God, He will lead me through it and teach me what I have to do in order to get this right and make the most of every moment. Life is short. Don't waste it. Now is the time to learn, love, grow, serve, teach, help, and encourage.

So, to all Christian students struggling with similar issues, or even non-students who are dealing with the same issues with work-life, I encourage you to evaluate it all in your lives too. Whether it be spending all our time on schoolwork and none with encouraging people for Christ, or whether it be spending way too much socializing and not enough time learning in order to be educated and wise in the issues of the world today.
Well everyone, it's a new week! With God's help, we can do it! Let's embrace this week and make the most of every moment.

Anyway, that was just on my mind. Hope you have a wonderful week!
God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment