Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sunny days, white gloves & tryptophan

So, it finally happened. Finals are over. The rain cloud above my head seemed to finally go away and the sun decided it was its turn to keep me company. Who knew the sky was blue behind those grey distractions?

What's left? Well.. now to clean the entire room. By tomorrow. It's ok though. Maybe I'll find all of the things I lost this year (once I have the capability of sharing these stories, you better believe I will, but until then, you all shall be left in suspense). Maybe I'll find golden treasures beneath the surface of my mound of stuff. It's amazing how much stuff I have that I don't need. I mean really.. who needs that pink striped ribbon that's in my desk or the knitting kit that's been in the box since last Christmas (sorry Grace.. I'm really going to use it this winter, I promise).

So anyway, once the room is clean, then awaits the RA banquet. Not really sure what to expect for that, but I suppose it will be like most college events- forced fun. Hip hip HIZZAH. Wow, I'm a bad sport, but I feel as though my readiness to be home overcomes any sense of friend-making abilities I currently possess. I don't know about everyone else, but the adventurous side of me got sleepy ever since I consumed unhealthy amounts of tryptophan (I'm thankful for... TURKEY)! That's right. About three weeks of comatose adventurousness. And I'm not even sad. It's just been one of those semesters.

But yeah... then Friday will be an entire day of seclusion ... JUST WHAT I'VE ALWAYS WANTED. In case you couldn't tell, that was sarcasm. Obviously being in isolation for 24 hours is the most cruel punishment for an extrovert.
However, amongst finals, I have definitely not given God the time He deserves in my life, so maybe this day of solidarity silence will be a great time to have some time with Jesus!
YAY JESUS TIME!

Wow this is the most A.D.D. post. I guess all of my posts are pretty A.D.D. though... I don't even know if people read them. Whoever reads these posts must be pretty patient....
I would accuse finals of being the culprit of my current insanity, but we all know that writers are really just this weird. Actually, I can't even attribute my weirdness to being a writer. I'm just a weird person.

So now that we've all come to the conclusion that I'm weird, I'm going to end this post. Hopefully my next post will be less random and more filled with substance.

No comments:

Post a Comment