Saturday, March 31, 2012

IT & Big Hair

Last day of March and so much is happening.

Let's start off with a humorous, yet completely true anecdote.
I believe I mentioned earlier that I was in need of a work study and was failing at finding one. I had numerous interviews for writing positions, but God closed the doors to those. At that point I had pretty much given up on getting a job during school, but I decided to throw in one last application for what I thought was the computer lab. Little did I know, I had applied for an IT Helpdesk position, which, if you know me, is pretty hilarious, since computer details are not my strong point. I mean, I can work Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, but that's about it.
So, IT has me come in to take a test determining how much basic IT knowledge I have. I got a 40. Out of 100. It was a fail (literally). Just when I thought that was the end of it, I receive a phone call the next day asking me to come in for an interview. I would define this interview to be a complete humiliation, and seemingly a waste of time. Now I was sure this was all over. Nope. Over spring break I got a phone call telling me that I was being offered a work study position at IT Helpdesk. Yes. Yes, indeed.
The moral of this story? I, by no means, can take any sort of credit for this job. It was COMPLETELY of God. I am not just saying that- I legitimately did not deserve this job in any way, shape or form. God just simply PROVIDES. He is so good!

With that said, I have this new job, and so far I really love it! Thankfully, I do not work on the computers- I simply assist customers (aka be friendly and pretend like I know how to fix their problems until I get someone else to fix their problems). My coworkers are hilarious! I feel like I'm in an IT version of The Office (I hope you have seen that show, because it is hilarious.. well it was when Steve Carrell was in it, anyway). However, no matter how much I'm enjoying (and thankful for) this new job, it has added quite the dent to my schedule, leaving me with no free time. That, on top of all the SLD training, interviewing people for prayer leaders, meetings, class and homework.
But hey, don't you worry. Amongst the busy-ness, I have made time for some fun times.

Last night, I got to do something I never imagined doing and being a part of. I sang in a choir for my school's biggest talent show night of the semester in front of 8,000+ people. It was 80s themed and one of the most crazy, fun experiences I have ever had! When the video gets posted, I will be sure to pass that on so you can laugh at us in our neon colors, jean jackets and big hair.

Now to take on these last five weeks of school.

Dear Jesus,
Please get me through and keep me sane =).
Love,
Your Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment