Saturday, June 11, 2011

OneWeek

This week has been a pretty good one filled with a pretty even balance of relaxation and family/friend time. I think I go back and forth pretty frequently over whether I'm disappointed to not be home the rest of the summer or whether I'm just extremely ready.

Part of me wishes that I would be able to be part of all of the "College&Career" activities, see my friends from church and school, spend time with my parents and sister/brother-in-law, or hang out on weekends up north with the cousins, while the other part of me is dying to get out and serve God, grow closer to Him away from the typical comforts of life, meet new people, be a mentor to kids, adapt to rising with the sun, and be forced to try new activities.
...that about sums up my feelings in one paragraph, to be honest.

The previous paragraph describes the inner battle I currently am facing between comfort and service (because to be honest, service is definitely not comfortable, and I am slowly coming to realize that). It's a strange feeling.. battling with oneself. Thankfully, I am not the only one involved in this "battle," but I have my God by my side, leading me to do His will one step at a time, and thankfully, I am going to camp whether I fully want to or not.

So, here I go. One week left. I won't lie, I will miss the sleeping in, the lazy days, the great talks with my parents, the down-time with my sister and brother-in-law, the random hang outs with long-time friends, and the freedom to read books for fun.
However, I cannot wait for the craziness, the laughing/screaming children, the opportunity to minister to these children, the responsibilities I have which force me to stay focused in my walk with God, the hikes, the cabins, the horses, the people I will meet, the staff that I will grow close to, the campfires, the nature, and the new experiences.

One quote I just found online that I really like:
"Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see."
~Neil Postman
My main prayer is that through us, children will come to know God. I pray that our lives would be a testimony of His love, grace, and holiness, and that they would see Jesus Christ in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment