Monday, September 12, 2011

On my Mind.. the World

On my mind... the world. Right when I think I'm where God wants me everything seems to become unclear again. Is that Satan trying to distract me from doing God's will or God simply just re-directing me? Or me just being confused? Or all of the above.. if that's even possible. Who even knows (except for God of course).

I absolutely love my major of Journalism, but I am terrified that it won't be useful. I'm terrified that there won't be any writing jobs, or that I will hate the jobs that are available. I'm terrified that I'll finish college thinking, "I should have done this," or "I wish I had majored in that." I'm also terrified that I'm worrying about this when really none of it is in my control. I've been realizing more and more lately that over-thinking unchangeable circumstances does not positively influence anything, but rather removes our eyes off of Jesus and onto ourselves. While my worrying factor has gotten significantly better since last year (thanks to an incredible roommate who definitely gave me a new perspective on the whole thing), I still find myself thinking about the future in all of its mysteries, which I guess is perfectly normal and human-like. I think I just have to let it go. Just let it go.

On top of that, can I just state that I LOVE being single? (Oh yeah, of course I can state that.. this is my blog). I absolutely love it. I love it because I know that if I'm overwhelmed now with my schedule, it would only overwhelm me more and I would simply have no time for anything. I love it because I have so much freedom. I love it because it's so much easier to get involved in various types of service. I love it because there's one less pressure on the future and one more step closer towards fully relying on God. (*insert picture of a "FROG" here*) (Sorry, Christian bookstore humor). I just love it. There's really no specific reason why... except that I prayed I would be content in my singleness and God has gone above and beyond to answer this prayer and simply just made me absolutely happy and even relieved.

On a completely different note, I find it extremely ironic that from my most horrible class ever, I have the most fun study group ever. I have never clicked so well with such a diverse group, and I love it! I guess similar disdains bond people together (for example, extreme dislike for this class). So thankful that God has put this study group in my life or else I think I would be utterly distraught in this extremely time consuming and nerve-wracking class. God definitely doesn't give me more than I can handle, and I definitely appreciate it. God is so awesome. I don't think I can really state that enough.

Anyway. This was a good time and I definitely have more than just this on my mind, but some I will refrain from posting to the entire blogging sphere of existence.

Good night & God Bless.
Daisy Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment